Van Long Nature Reserve is a famous eco-tourism area in Ninh Binh with the magnificent wild beauty of charming mountains. This is a place to preserve wild nature with poetic beauty, which is also the factor that attracts tourists here. Let’s Local Tours Halong to discover Van Long Nature Reserve!
Where is Van Long Nature Reserve?
Located about 80km from Hanoi capital, Van Long Dam wetland nature reserve attracts tourists who love Vietnamese nature in a wild, unspoiled way.
Why should you come to Van Long Nature Reserve?
This is the largest wetland forest in the Gulf of Tonkin with a rich and diverse ecosystem. Here, many rare and precious animals and plants, including the white langur, have been listed in the Vietnam Red Book.
Interesting exprience in Van Long Nature Reserve.
In recent years, Van Long Nature Reserve has attracted a large number of tourists with the nickname “the bay without waves”.
Go on a boat to visit the lake
The small boat leads you floating on the blue water. Forget all the troubles out there, relax with the cool breeze. As the boat drifts, you can see the sky and the nature of Van Long lagoon. The mountains are rolling, the water is blue, the birds are singing, the storks are straight, the flowers are blooming,… Just that much is enough for you to feel a little more idyllic and love life.
Visiting spiritual tourist attractions
Not only the charming scenery, mysterious caves, … Van Long Nature Reserve is also home to many temples and shrines that are spiritual tourist attractions. Tourists come here both to visit and pray for health and safety. The temples and pagodas have ancient architecture, containing many historical stories of our ancestors. Coming to Van Long, you can visit places such as Thanh Mau temple, Thanh Son pagoda, Dich Long pagoda,…
Visit the caves
Van Long nature reserve also attracts tourists when there are many caves. The stalactites hang down forming many strange and beautiful shapes. The caves are also home to many animals, you can visit many interesting caves such as Ball Cave, Fish Cave, Turtle Cave,…
Some other places
In addition to the above places, visitors can visit the 600-year-old tree, go through the rice fields or you can come to admire the rock paintings at Meo Cao cliff,… Countless beautiful scenes in Van Long Nature Reserve eco-tourism area are waiting for you to experience and discover.
Watch sunset and sunrise at Van Long Nature Reserve
Traveling to Van Long Nature Reserve in the early morning or late afternoon, visitors can admire the dreamy Ninh Binh countryside. The blue smoke trails with the wings of the stork hovering and flying over the river surface looking for food, extremely peaceful.
- Adult: 20.000 VND/ person
- Children under 1m tall: 10.000 VND/ person
- Elderly people (from 60 years old and above): 10.000 VND/ person
- Adult: 50.000 VND/ person
- Children under 1m tall: 25.000 VND/ person
- Elderly people (from 60 years old and above): 25.000 VND/ person
The best time to go to Van Long Nature Reserve?
- With a diverse ecosystem and vegetation, Van Long Ninh Binh is always an ideal destination at any time of the year.
- However, Ninh Binh travel experience said, if you want to admire the lotus season, remember to go in the summer, from May to June. The space is covered with a pink color, you will definitely have a “live” set of pictures. virtual” is very pretty.
- Or you can consider the dry season (from November to April next year). This is the ideal time to enjoy the beauty of flora and fauna, flocks of birds fly to nest.
How to get to Van Long Nature Reserve?
- Bus: you can go to My Dinh / Nuoc Ngam / Giap Bat bus station in Hanoi to go to Nho Quan or Kim Son bus station in Binh Binh. Then take a motorbike taxi or taxi to go to Van Long Nature Reserve.
- Limousine: pick up and drop off at the hotel in Hanoi Old Quater and give you better exprience.
- Train: Taking the train to Ninh Binh is also an interesting experience. This way, you board in Hanoi and get off at Ninh Binh Station. Then you can take a bus or taxi to Van Long Nature Reserves. Train ticket prices range from 70.000 to 120.000 VND/ person, depend on seat class.
- Private car or motorbike: You can easily rent a car in Hanoi. If traveling in a small group, renting a car is the optimal choice for you. You follow National Highway 1A to Ninh Binh center and then follow signpost to Van Long Nature Reserve.